Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Services
What is Applied Behavior Analysis?
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) is identified as the treatment of choice at THG for children with Autism. ABA is the design, implementation and evaluation of environmental modifications to produce socially significant improvement in human behavior. ABA includes direct observation, measurement and functional analysis of the relations between factors and behavior. It is the process of systematically applying interventions based upon the principles of learning theory to improve socially significant behaviors.
Socially Significant Behaviors include social skills, academic, communication and daily living skills (eating, dressing, toileting, self-care, home, work, and community skills).
THG’s ABA program is based on scientific principles and procedures of Applied Behavior Analysis. Our program is not exclusive to one strategy with in ABA. We provide comprehensive ABA program utilizing a variety of strategies, such as Discrete Trial Verbal Behavior Natural Environment Teaching and Behavior Modification programming. THG’s program is designed to develop and promote an individual curriculum to maximize the potential of every child. Curriculum and instruction is based on each child’s individual needs and is programmed to enhance skills in all Developmental Domains.
THG is a recognized leader in ABA services for children with Autism and Aspbergers for two main reasons: At THG, the staff is trained and oriented to a comprehensive supervision model for ongoing clinical evaluation and management.
- Engage the student as per the specified amount of hours in the IFSP or IEP-teaching in the natural environment and direct instruction.
- Engage the family in techniques that encourage the child to be pro-active during the day.
- Help the Family identify their priorities.
- Help establish goals designated on their IFSP or IEP.
- Early Intervention Services, CSE and CPSE services;
- Service age: birth to 3 population in the home, and age 3-21 in home, community based, and school-based setting.
- Employment of behavioral Modification Strategy.